- Maxed out our master file server space.
- Learned about awesome projects and connected with colleagues at Digital Preservation 2014.
- Made some head-way into assessing our e-resource preservation strategies.
- Used BagIt to package 45,000 files totaling 2413 GB for long-term storage (see above re: maxing out server space).
- Started digging into PREMIS .
- Learned to harness the power of Twitter for professional research #digipres .
- Started brainstorming strategies for preserving analog and born-digital a/v content.
- Dipped my toes into web and database preservation in response to a faculty inquiry.
- Got really excited about sustainability and digital humanities projects.
|Digital Preservation Brainstorming!|
I’m looking forward to my role in the Library continuing to evolve and grow over time. As these and other projects develop, I will tell you all about them here. Stay tuned for the next 100-ish days of Digital Preservation!
Written by Jennifer Mullins