- Completed the fifth year of the U.S. Congressional Serial Set Project.
- Re-designed department web pages for a better user experience.
- Celebrated National Preservation Week in May.
- Successfully applied for a $6,350 grant from the National Film Preservation Foundation to preserve “The Orozco Mural Quetzalcoatl”.
- Mass deacidified 24 volumes of Mendelssohn’s Collected Works with Baker Ingham Endowment Reserve funds. Performed 6527 conservation treatments and salvaged 44 wet volumes.
- Commercially bound 3821 items; reviewed and withdrew 3 brittle monographs.
- Hosted 2 Conservation Interns.
All of this work was accomplished through the combined outstanding efforts of Preservation Services staff. In a period of uncertainty and change (two retirements) each staff member projected a positive attitude and a willingness to work together to fill gaps. Their thoughtful contributions to re-organizational planning and preparation made for a department that will be equipped to confidently respond to the challenges of digital preservation and production.